ST. DOMINIC'S PARISH HAS A NEW Email: StDominicsMI@archtoronto.org ( Please note the upper and lower case on the email.)/



HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!  I hope you have a wonderful long weekend.

HARVEST BAZAARMany thanks to all of you who made our Harvest Bazaar so successful. There are so many people to thank that I might miss someone’s name so I thank: members of St. Dominic Dream Team, bakers, helpers, volunteer students from our schools, Knights of Columbus, St. Vincent de Paul members, St. Dominic Seniors Group, members of the Counting Team, several of our parishioners, Sean Bator for providing music for the day and all those who came out to support us. We realized $3844.35 in total. This is a tremendous help to the parish! Thanks again to all.

RESETTLEMENT BAZAAR - is on November 12th. Many vendors will be here with their specialty items. We encourage you to come and support our Resettlement Committee. The Resettlement Committee has kindly allowed me to have a booth for Fr. Phil’s dinners to go. All proceeds from my table will go directly to the parish.

ALTAR SERVERSWe had a great meeting with our altar servers last Sunday. On Saturday November 19th, from 11am – 1pm, we are taking our servers to St. Maximilian Kolbe Bowling Alley, on Cawthra road, for bowling and pizza as a way of thanking them for their service. I appreciate the wonderful work that they do.  Please let our coordinators know, as soon as possible, if you wish to attend, as we have to give them numbers very soon.

MINISTRY FAIR – October 22-23 after all Masses - Please see the flyer in today’s bulletin.  We are in desperate need of new volunteers and so I would ask you to consider joining one or more of our committees or ministries. Please give your completed flyer to a Minister of Welcome, take it to the office or bring it to the appropriate booth on the ministry fair weekend. Thank-you in advance for your generosity!               

A Thanksgiving Day Prayer

O God, when I have food, help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work, help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all;
When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer,
And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency;
bestir my compassion, and be concerned enough to help
by word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted.
Amen.
-Samuel F. Pugh

Once again, Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!
                                                                                                   

                                                                                                         Fr. Phil