ST. DOMINIC'S PARISH HAS A NEW Email: StDominicsMI@archtoronto.org ( Please note the upper and lower case on the email.)/

SIXTH SUNDAY OF EASTER

Although I was not able to be there, I understand that the Mother’s Day Dinner Dance was a complete success in every way. That sentiment has been told to me over and over again and I received some emails expressing those same thoughts. The main goal of any parish function is to bring people together, have a great time and enhance your overall parish experience. The people I have spoken to this week tell me that this was indeed accomplished. I was able to see photos of the hall and it looked spectacular. I would like to thank all of you, 115 in total, for coming to the dinner and supporting the parish. It is very much appreciated. Many thanks to all those who put together such a wonderful evening: the kitchen staff, the decorators, the servers, the Knights of Columbus and those who set up and cleaned up. None of this happens without you. I would like to send a special thanks to the 6 grade 8 students from St. Dominic Catholic School who volunteered their time. I have been told over and over again that they were so pleasant to have with us and that they were a great help throughout the day and evening. Thank-you St. Dominic students!  Many thanks to our DJ, Sean Bator. I heard that the music was terrific and kept people on the dance floor all evening. Thanks again to all!

In terms of our newly refurbished hall and kitchen, I am indebted to Henry van Driel, Paul Cantlon and his grandson, Andrew and Mike Spadafora who volunteered their time to paint the hall and kitchen and do the tiling and counters in the kitchen.  We are all now benefitting from your great generosity to the parish. The hall looks amazing and it is my hope that we will be able to rent it to other groups for meetings, gatherings and receptions. Our new hall manager, Diane Padzic, will meet with me soon to begin this process. Please pass on the word that our hall is available to rent. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Confirmation weekend – June 3rd and June 4th
Mass times - the Sacrament of Confirmation will be conferred on June 3 at 5pm, June 4 at 9:30, 11:30 and 2pm.
Please continue to pray for all of our Confirmandi preparing to receive this special sacrament.

SHARELIFE: bake sale, white elephant table and used books sale after all 4 Masses on June 3rd and 4th. We would appreciate any books that you wish to donate. Sign-up sheets for bakers are at all entrances of the church.  We are striving to meet our goal of $60,000 so your help with baking for this event is important. Please consider signing up. Thank-you!
Fr. Phil