ST. DOMINIC'S PARISH HAS A NEW Email: StDominicsMI@archtoronto.org ( Please note the upper and lower case on the email.)/
As you will know by now, my surgery was very successful. My surgeon, Dr. Duncan Rosario at Oakville-Trafalgar, did an amazing job with laparoscopic surgery and I am very grateful for his expertise. I know I was not an easy case due to prior infections and complications with my liver and kidneys. However, he performed the surgery beautifully and removed the drainage tube and 3 stones at the same time.  I suppose that I did not know how long it would take to be pain free after the surgery. As of today, there is a little pain but most of it has subsided now. My follow-up appointment is October 1st. I continue to recover and my primary focus is on getting my strength back to the point of returning to work as soon as possible. Please continue your prayers.

ST. DOMINIC CATHOLIC SCHOOL 60th ANNIVERSARY – A note from our Principal, Caroline Athaide:
 NEW! – October 7 – St. Dominic Catholic School 60th Anniversary and Open House
St Dominic Catholic School is celebrating 60 years of excellence in Catholic education.  Please join us on October 7, from 6pm-7:30 pm. We will begin with a liturgy at 6:00 p.m. followed by visits to the classrooms. Location: St. Dominic Catholic School, 515 Hartsdale Ave, Mississauga.  For more information, call 905-278-9821.
I hope you will take part in this wonderful event on October 7th.

PARISH CAPITAL CAMPAIGN-  Many thanks to all the Capital Campaign workers and donors. I believe we are at 60% of our parish goal, an amazing job well done. Perhaps we will come very close to our parish target after this weekend, Commitment Sunday. Even if you can give a small amount, it all adds up in the end!

HARVEST BAZAAR – Please note that our Harvest Bazaar has been CANCELLED for this year. I am convinced that my absence has led to this since there are very few names on our helpers and bakers lists and the interest is just not there this year. We will, however, have a big Christmas bake sale downstairs closer to Christmas. We are planning cookies, cakes, pies and assorted home-made goodies for the Christmas Season.

RESETTLEMENT BAZAAR- This bazaar is November 7th and is the 35th anniversary of this event. I will be selling ‘Fr. Phil’s dinners to go’ at this event and so I hope you will support us there. All money from my table will go to St. Dominic parish.

Fr. Phil