From the desk of Fr. Phil

Many thanks to the Knights of Columbus for the wonderful evening last Saturday night. Oktoberfest was such a great  success because of the involvement of so many. Also, the students from St. Paul are to be congratulated for their hard work. I must say that it was great to have these young people with us at the party. Although they worked the entire evening until almost 11PM, they also made the evening light hearted and fun. I look forward to their presence at the roast beef dinner on November 24th.  Many thanks to all of you, your relatives and friends who were able to attend. Nothing happens successfully without your presence and support. The band was superb and I hope they will be back again next year. So, thanks again to all who made the Oktoberfest successful again this year.

November is the month of the Holy Souls and I thought it would be appropriate to include the De Profundis this week.

                De Profundis (Out of the Depths)

Out of the depths I have cried to Thee, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice.
Let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.
If Thou, O Lord, shalt observe iniquities; Lord, who shall endure it?
For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness:
and by reason of Thy law, I have waited for Thee, O Lord.
My soul hath relied on His word; my soul hath hoped in the Lord.
From the morning watch even until night, let Israel hope in the Lord.
Because with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him plentiful redemption.
And He shall redeem Israel from all her iniquities.
Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
Let us pray.

O God, the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy servants departed the remission of all their sins, that through our pious supplication they may obtain that pardon which they have always desired; who lives and reigns forever and ever.  Amen

 Fr. Phil